Rambling from Ogden Point

Cards From Ogden Point
is a free E-Card (Posty) service operated by Ron McLean from his home near Ogden Point in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Subscribe to Rambling from Ogden Point

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I'm happily retired living on Canada's West Coast. The system says I'm a Cancer -- I'm a Gemini.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

November 2005 News

November 30 2005
The fall CardMaster contest ended with Cards From Ogden point in 6th place, just 4 votes behind the 5th place site.
Click here to read the votes the site received.
The largest number of pages viewed by a single person during the contest was on November 18 when a visitor from London England Viewed 531 pages.
The contest period saw a total of 1,064 visitors who viewed 15,776 pages during October and November.
The majority of these visitors arrived via the following routes:
By picking up and/or viewing a card: 303 visitors.
From the Contest Page and/or the Autumn Page: 228 visitors.
From the New Card Listings and/or Welcome Page: 191 visitors.
From the Index Page -- (search engines and bookmarks): 84 visitors.
November 11 2005
From November 4 to November 11 I optimized all my web sites and added more Jigsaw Puzzle cards to Cards From Ogden Point. I also added just the puzzles to the Games Page on http://www.ronmclean.bc.ca/
I also created a slide show for http://www.ogdenpoint.ca/ that I ended up placing on the site as one big slide show and 4 partial slide shows for users on slower connections. I sent a few of the slide shows as Posties to some friends. They were well received so I added the possibility of sending the slide shows to Cards From Ogden Point.
I put the puzzle cards and the slide show cards into the backup site because they need nothing from the PhotoServer. That makes the "Backup Site" a sizeable card site in its own right. It contains the ability to use internet pictures and upload your own pictures for an infinite array of cards, and contains the ability to create over 120 standard Posty type cards, over 50 puzzle cards, and two different variations of 5 different Slide Show Cards.
Click here for the Puzzle Cards Index.
Click here for the Slide Show Cards Index.
Click here for the Backup Card Site Index.
Click here for the slide shows with no cards.
Click here for the Puzzle Index with no cards.
I also did the preliminary work for a Christmas Card Page that will be on line shortly.
November 4 2005
On November 4 2005, I uploaded an entirely new version of http://www.ronmclean.bc.ca/ with a tabbed index page that works properly on more computers and in more browsers than the sliding index on the main home page. The sliding index works well on Windows computers with Internet Explorer -- it doesn't work well on Apple Computers or in Firefox and Netscape on Windows Machines. In some cases it loads as a table at the top of the browser screen and in some cases it does not load at all. The new tabbed index seems to work on most if not all major browsers on both Windows and Apple Computers.
I also finally got all of my web pages running using proper DNS Addressing rather than direct addressing. That makes them less vulnerable to various changes that may come from Telus ( my ISP ) or for that matter any future ISP that I may use. You can read about all the hassles I had with a wet cable on my incoming telephone service from Telus in the October 2005 Newsletter.
I also integrated several Jig Saw Puzzles from http://www.jigzone.com/ into both my Games Page and into Cards From Ogden Point.
Click here for the Games Page.
Click here for the Puzzle Cards.
Cards From Ogden Point is now set up with a full backup site. The normal entry pages from
http://www.welcome.ogdenpoint.ca/
http://www.cardsfrom.ogdenpoint.ca/
and
http://www.pickup.ogdenpoint.ca/
all will work with or without the PhotoServer and if the photoserver is not responding for some reason, the visitor can go directly to the
Backup Welcome Page
or the
Backup Index Page
from links on the entry pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home